Welcome to the website of St Stephen Walbrook, an Anglican Parish Church rich in heritage, but one which remains actively involved in the City of London. You will find here the times of our regular weekly services and upcoming events, as well as articles about the history, heritage and features of this unique church, described by Sir John Sommerson as ‘the pride of English architecture’.
Enjoy a 360 degree view of the church: click on the thumbnail image on the left.
- Proclaim, celebrate and promote the good news of Jesus Christ to everyone in the City – visitors, workers, residents and the business community
- Provide, without prejudice or expectation, a safe and welcoming place where people of all religious faiths or none can find spiritual inspiration, guidance, encouragement and support
- Maintain the church’s physical space, welcoming and open to all, that is suitable for a wide range of cultural, religious and community activities
- Build up and encourage a community of faith with a sense of fellowship in the heart of the City
- Reach out further afield through the London Internet Church
Meet the Team
|Revd Stephen Baxter became the Parish Priest of St Stephen Walbrook in March 2018. After training at St Mellitus College he was ordained in 2014 and spent three and half years as Curate and then Associate Vicar of St Olave Hart Street and St Katharine Cree in the City of London.
Email him at email@example.com
|Elizabeth Maragh is our Finance and General Administrator overseeing the efficient running of the building and office, Church related and Finance matters and Communications. She is also on hand to deal with bookings, visitors and telephone enquiries.
Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tom Shorter is our music and events administrator overseeing the music needs of the church covering regular services, special events, weddings and livery company services. He is the key organiser of St Stephen Organ recital series and is helping to develop our new community choir, whilst on occasion also playing the organ, singing with and conducting St Stephen Voices.
Email him at email@example.com
|Lee Fitzgerald is the Verger and is responsible for a range of duties including leading processions, serving at the altar and the general maintenance, security and cleanliness of the building.
Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org