Welcome to the website of St Stephen Walbrook, an Anglican Parish Church rich in heritage, but one which remains actively involved in the City of London. You will find here the times of our regular weekly services and upcoming events, as well as articles about the history, heritage and features of this unique church, described by Sir John Sommerson as ‘the pride of English architecture’.
Enjoy a 360 degree view of the church: click on the thumbnail image on the left.
- Proclaim, celebrate and promote the good news of Jesus Christ to everyone in the City – visitors, workers, residents and the business community
- Provide, without prejudice or expectation, a safe and welcoming place where people of all religious faiths or none can find spiritual inspiration, guidance, encouragement and support
- Maintain the church’s physical space, welcoming and open to all, that is suitable for a wide range of cultural, religious and community activities
- Build up and encourage a community of faith with a sense of fellowship in the heart of the City
- Reach out further afield through the London Internet Church
Meet the Team
|Revd Jonathan Evens has been Priest-in-Charge of St Stephen Walbrook since February 2014, after eight years as Priest at St John the Evangelist, Seven Kings. He is also Associate Vicar for Partnerships at St Martin-in the Fields and shares his time between the two parishes. Email him at priest@ (*)|
|Revd Sally Muggeridge is part-time Curate at St Stephen Walbrook. Her ordination in 2016 followed a career at board level in several international companies and she still maintains strong links with business and enterprise in the area. Email her at curate@ (*)|
|Jonathan Shiels is the Parish Administrator and oversees the day-to-day running of the church including lettings. He is also one of the eight elected churchwardens. Email him at office@ (*)|
|Lee Fitzgerald is the Verger and is responsible for a range of duties including leading processions, serving at the altar and the general maintenance, security and cleanliness of the building. Email him at verger@ (*)|
|(*) Note: the domain name (@ststephenwalbrook.net) is not shown for the email addresses above in order to avoid possible detection by “spybots”.|