St Stephen Walbrook
Welcome to the website of St Stephen Walbrook, an Anglican Parish Church rich in heritage, but one which remains actively involved in the City of London. You will find here the times of our regular weekly services and upcoming events, as well as articles about the history, heritage and features of this unique church, described by Sir John Sommerson as 'the pride of English architecture'.
Autumn 2015 Newsletter
- New Curate: Revd Sally Muggeridge
- Discover & explore & Start:Stop
- Philanthropy in the City
- Harvest Festival
- Art & Music at St Stephen Walbrook
Download our latest newsletter
- 9-20 November 2015
- Philanthropy in the City
- A programme of events, exhibitions & services. Download the leaflet.
- In an age of austerity and growing inequality, the time is ripe to encourage more philanthropy, particularly in the City of London and to communicate widely the extent and breadth of giving in the Square Mile and Canary Wharf. The City has a proud tradition of philanthropy dating back to the Middle Ages, led by Livery Companies and the Mayorality, as is brilliantly illustrated in the exhibition Philanthropy - The City Story. We have organized a programme of events, exhibitions and services aims to share some of that story and also publicise opportunities for philanthropic contributions today. All are welcome at these events.
- Vacancy for Verger
- We are looking for a Verger to join our team, to welcome our visitors, to clean the church, prepare for worship and support the clergy team in events and liturgical life of our church.
- Download full details, including a job profile.
- Closing date Friday 27 November 2015 by 5.00pm
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 8 December 2015
A Tour of St Stephen Walbrook
A tour of St Stephen Walbrook, home of the London Internet Church
- Proclaim, celebrate and promote the good news of Jesus Christ to everyone in the City - visitors, workers, residents and the business community
- Provide, without prejudice or expectation, a safe and welcoming place where people of all religious faiths or none can find spiritual inspiration, guidance, encouragement and support
- Maintain the church’s physical space, welcoming and open to all, that is suitable for a wide range of cultural, religious and community activities
- Build up and encourage a community of faith with a sense of fellowship in the heart of the City
- Reach out further afield through the London Internet Church
- Opening Times
- The church is normally open on Mondays, Tuesday and Thursdays between 10am and 4pm, Wednesdays between 11.00 and 3.00pm and Fridays between 10.00 and 3.30pm. It is usually closed at weekends except for great festivals, please refer to events information for these details.
Our 2014 Annual Report is now available to view or download.
If you would like to enquire about holding your wedding at St Stephen Walbrook, please download these documents and return the form as necessary.